Enjoy this light and flavourful soup made of onions, spices with an added twist of white wine. This one is a must try.
- 750 gm onions
- 2 large Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 liter stock
- 125 ml white wine
- 12 slices of French bread
- 1 Tbsp Olive/ salad oil
- Garlic cloves- halved
- 100 gm grated cheese
- Sliced onions and cook them in butter and oil until soft.
- Remove pan lid and raise heat to a moderate flame.
- Stir in seasoning and sugar.
- Cook for about half an hour, stirring frequently.
- Allow onions to turn deep brown.
- Add flour. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in hot stock and stir to blend.
- Add wine and simmer for a while.
- Rub garlic cloves on the surface of the bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve on the soup.
Key Ingredients: Onion, Butter, Vegetable Oil, Bread, Salt, Black Pepper, Sugar, Parmesan Cheese, All Purpose Flour, White Wine, Olive Oil, Garlic